1. Double-click on the My computer icon on your desktop,
and check if
there is an icon Dial-up Networking.
2. If not, click on the Start button, go to Settings,
double-click Add/Remove Programs, choose Windows Setup tab,
Communications, Details and select Dial-Up Networking
(you will need
your Windows 95/98 CD).
3. Double-click Dial-up Networking and double-click the Make
Connection. Choose a name for your connection, e.g.
4. Leave the area code blank, and enter the local
dial in number given to you. Click Next. Click Finish.
Now right click on the connection you just created, click Properties.
First, uncheck the box that says "use country code and dialing
properties". Go to the Server Types tab. The server type
should read "PPP; Windows ...". Check only "Enable
software compression", and under "Protocols" check only
"TCP/IP". Click OK.
5. Your dial up connection is configured.
6. Open Internet Explorer. Tools > Internet Options.
(If you do not have a Tools menu, your browser is out of date. Stop here
and contact Knoxy.net tech support to get an updated version)
7. On the General tab, delete the current home page & type
in "http://www.knoxy.net". Click Apply at the bottom.
8. Click the Connection tab, set the Knoxy.net connection as
default (highlight & click set default). Ensure that Always
dial my default connection is selected. Click OK.
9. Tools > Mail & News > Read Mail.
10. This will start a wizard. For the display name enter your real name,
(this is what will be displayed when you send someone an email) click Next.
* (If the wizard does not start automatically – in Outlook Express –
Tools > Accounts > Mail tab, Click Add
11. Enter your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
12. For Incoming Mail Server & Outgoing Mail Server, enter "postman.knoxy.net",
13. Enter your username & password, click Next, click Finish.
14. You are now set up to access the internet & email. If
you have any problems,
please contact us at email@example.com or if
you are unable to do so,
call (816) 732-2220. Thank you for
choosing Knoxy.net & enjoy!!